So a few nights ago, I had been planning to serve a lovely meat sauce over spaghetti squash…but then discovered the grocery store was out of spaghetti squash. We still wanted something Italian-inspired, though, so I came up with these…and they were a huge hit with all three of us. Plus, they smelled great while cooking and had that oh-so-comfy-and-homey look on the plate.
These are super easy and fast to whip up on a weeknight. Serve them with some garlic green beans and a salad, and you have a meal.
Easy Baked Italian Meatballs
2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
2 tsp. dried basil
2.5 tsp. garlic powder, divided
salt and pepper to taste
3 15-oz. cans tomato puree
2 tbsp. honey
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix ground beef, beaten eggs, basil, and 1.5 tsp. garlic powder until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form mixture into 1.5″ balls and place in single layer in 13″x 9″ pan.
- Mix tomato puree, honey, oregano, and remaining teaspoon garlic powder. Add salt and pepper and adjust seasoning to taste. Pour mixture over meatballs.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over sauce and bake uncovered at 375 for forty minutes.
- Serve with extra Parmesan and enjoy!