This has become one of our family’s favorite recipes on GAPS. I love it because it’s easily and quickly prepared, and produces not one but TWO quiches with virtually no extra effort. We have always enjoyed quiche; it was one of our go-to dinner pre-GAPS. After doing without for a while, we just couldn’t stand it any more, and realized after trying this recipe that we didn’t miss the crust at all.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
Crustless Spinach Quiche
12 eggs, preferably free-range and local
8 slices uncured bacon, free of hormones, nitrates, nitrites, and sugar (if unavailable, omit or substitute meat of your choice)
1 10-0z package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
8 oz. shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
1/3 c. home-cultured (or Greek) yogurt
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Cook and crumble bacon. Set aside.
2. Whisk eggs until well-beaten. Whisk in yogurt, spinach, bacon, and seasonings.
3. Mix in shredded cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
4. Grease two nine-inch pie plates with a healthy fat. Divide quiche mixture evenly between pans.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
(Note: we like a dense quiche. If you prefer a lighter, fluffier quiche, add four eggs and 1/3 c. of water, and whisk eggs until frothy.)